World Ideas Mind map:
- The map needs to allow for both a contained society alongside an outside world.
- The whys and how they are contained need to be explored.
- Within the contained society, who knows what is outside the barrier?
- Islands are a good way to contain society, possibly don’t have means to travel to other islands? Explorers?
Chat: “I’m stuck on this idea of it being a contained area” – Me
Concept so far:
- 1 race is contained within the barrier, possibly on an island.
- Mix island idea with exploration or with political idea, they need to have a reason to explore in the first place. How does the empire come about?
- totalitarian – island with strict government in which the citizen know nothing of the outside world. Possibly when they find out, different characters will act in different ways. Some will be pro-containment and pro-government, whilst others rebel?
- The reason as to why the government has separated itself and created an island is because it was once a larger empire which has now regressed due to an uprising. The border and barrier were created to protect the main city.
If there is a rebellion how will the architecture and cities survive? Will they be left to rot away and become overgrown? This thought stemmed whilst I was visiting my sisters garden. It was tided out last year in July and had no weeds at all, now it is nearly a year later and it is overgrown! If it only takes a year of neglect to allow weeds to take control, what will happen in the cities?