Now that we are coming to the end of this brief I have finished my game design document to a level in which it could be placed into the finished book. I have sent a copy over to Luke to get some feedback from him and so that he can check that what I have put is cohesive with his work.
After completing this a sense of relief has been lifted from me. I feel like the concept is becoming more than just a story with a few pictures, the game design document has put the game into context, allowing it to become a realistic pitch. The document covers:
- Target Audience
- Game Flow summary
- Look, Feel, The visual style
- Project scope
- Story setting
From my original outset for the document I have covered pretty much all the points I wished to include. The only things I haven’t included are game art, gameplay and mechanics and the feature set. These were left out as at this point in the conceptual development I don’t have enough time or information to fully consider these; this is due to them being mainly finished outcomes.